July 27, 2010

Tuesday's Guest Blogger: Ariana

So....In an effort to not make this all about me...even though the title of this blog is Life as I(you) Know it!...I decided it would be great to have a guest bloggers. A good friend or relative or just someone I trust, period. After all this little bloggy is like my baby. So  further intrusion from moi...Heeeeeer's Ari:

When I was initially asked to be a guest blogger, I was flattered, but I have since then realized that I have no clue what to write about. Writing used to be my favorite hobby and form of therapy (I’m not really into movies), but I’ve recently lost my drive to transcribe.  Now I have no choice-Marisol is forcing me to do this j/k…Unfortunately, I have some big shoes to fill- Marisol is quite witty. Me, on the other hand, I’m not quite as funny, just clumsy.  Anyway, after vacillating between ideas, I have chosen to utilize this space to write something nice-an ode to Marisol…
 Oh Marisol, Marisol

We have the same goal…

We want to be without a man

But don’t know if we can

Oh Marisol , Marisol

Our feelings are internal

We want to move away from home

And we’re experimenting like a gnome….

Oh Marisol, you are my roomie

And now you’re a homie… :)

                                I would like to thank her for listening to my endless venting sessions, handing me a tissue when necessary, and keeping me positive and busy.   We have a lot in common (which is why she is awesome jk) and we’re using this time away from home to reflect on what went wrong.  Along the way, we have had to learn to be “head of households” and all the responsibilities that come along with that title.  We have had to adapt to the circumstances that have come our way and we have dealt with them in distinct ways.  I always tell her I would like to be her-she’s so strong and positive.  I am a rambling/pathetic mess, but she’s usually there to pick up the pieces! She’s always up for new suggestions and will stay up with me even if she has to wake up early to go to work (sorry about that).  Plus she gives me her leftovers and shows me cool teeny bopper videos…(insert video here)

                I’m not tech savvy so just visualize some teenagers with big mouths jumping around in random venues. ..

                I suppose that is all for now. I’m just getting my feet wet with this whole blog thing, but I hope to find my voice soon because writing can definitely be cathartic.  And, in the spirit of purification/cleansing, I will end with a final quote:

“It’s so lonely when you don’t even know yourself”- So thank you, Marisol, for helping me to get to know myself, and for being there so I am not lonely… I feel like I’ve known you forever!

Bye!

Ariana

3 comments:

  1. Lol so my attempt to not make this post about me turned out to be about me! I guess I'm just that dam loveable! And awesome...toot toot, yup that's my own horn!....All kind's of blushing going on here. Thank you Ari for your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww that was nice! It is awesome (and not so awesome) that you guys are going through this, but at least not by yourselves.
    Good blog Ari!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! You guys remind me of Wayne and Garth from Wayne's world. Marisol, why don't you add a soundtrack to your blog so that when people visit, they hear the melodious, haunting refrains of NIRVANA or MOLOTOV. [legal notice: if you use my idea, please; no chic rock. Or else.]Anyway, It's good to see you're having fun.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, go ahead and leave a comment. I enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
ua-10399482-1