July 19, 2010

Day 2 Through 5 – It’s only been 5 days! Seriously?

Day 2 – The morning was like any other morning get up, shower, eat….work. BORING! Although I did have to drive to Compton for a morning meeting, that was different. After work I stopped by my parent’s house to get some more stuff and to say hi to the family. Mom tried to lure me in with some food but, I said “Nope, got to go make dinner.”

I got home….home? Yeah, I got home. I put some water to boil, fed the dogs, and swept the floor. I made plain old pasta, nothing fancy. That’s just what we had at hand. Garlic bread was good too! Yum…garlic…bread. Ariana gave raging review, claimed it was the best pasta ever! Ask her if you don’t believe me…um unfortunately Ariana has moved out of the country and is not available for comment at this time. (Diner picture is currently living in Ariana’s camera…where it will most likely become a victim of neglect.)

That night was my first night alone. Ariana spent the night at her house since she would be up at 5am and be gone till Saturday night. So technically she is unavailable for comment. I was watching some TV when guess who came to the door. Sake! Veronica’s cat, in all his meowing glory. I was able to lure him in but when I tried to get him in the crate so he would not escape again, the little bugger scratches my thigh and takes of running! Marisol - 0, Cat -1.

Day 3 – Same morning routine work, home, dogs. But here is where it gets interesting. Last year I found out about this event called Dance Downtown. Every couple of weeks in Downtown LA there are free dance lesson. This night happened to be Argentine Tango night. I invited a very good friend of mine to be my dance partner for the night. I was surprised at how packed it actually was. It was a beautiful and warm summer night, it was great. The lesson was in full swing, and 8 counts later we were doing our very first Argentine Tango around the dance floor. Here is a YouTube of an Argentine Tango!



We looked just like this couple…if you look closely, from 1.05 through 1.08 we looked EXACTLY like this couple. I’m just saying.

In between lesson we got to watch other people young and old really bust out some moves. It only made us more determined to master our basic 8 count! It was definitely one of the most fun events things I have ever done. Great way to meet people and it's FREE!! Didn't I mention that? How much more awesome could it get. Oh yeah anyone can attend! Props to the people at the Music Center!

After dancing in heels my footsies were ready for a break. But the night was still young so we headed over to see Inception, starring LEO! I have slight crush on him. Yeah he’s starting to age and get a little chubby but boy can he act. Great movie. Raving review from moi! You know how picky I am with movies so go see it! Now!

Later that night I had another little encounter with Sake. You really don't need the details. Let's just say Marisol - 0, Cat -2.

Day 4 - Saturday was a very mellow day. I went to my other home, the original one and spent some time with the Fam. Dad was redoing the floors in the bedroom so he needed me to "take mom out". So I spent some quality time with Mama at the mall, took a nap on my bed, then went back "home." I couldn't stand the cat situation anymore. Thankfully, Veronica's cat-sitter had agreed to come over and once and for all end the Sake problem. Sake officially moved out at 12:45 am!!!  Great day to start day 3!

Day 3 - Sunday, oh Sunday. Glorious night of sleep! Glorious day filled with italian food. Thank you Jesus! Fitting right, it's Sunday afterall. I went to lunch with Claudia and enjoyed some great Zuppa Toscana, only the best soup in the world and salad from Olive Garden. Now what made this Lunch so great was when Claudia told me how--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- and I was like OMG!!!!!!!!!!  It's not my place to tell so I need her permission before I can actually post any info ;)  After Lunch I went to help my sister register for school when my Dad told us that a good family friend of ours invited us to have some lunch at his house. So we all went and had...guess what I had? Go ahead....Italian salad and pizza. I was so stuffed but I still had salad and pizza. I'm was never trained, taught or ever prepared to turn down a free meal. The day wind down with some burnt toaster strudel, too much milk and some Kat Williams. Of course Ariana had our nightly talk time and we decided after looking at my Costa Rica pictures and videos that we need to take a trip. At least a road trip.

bye...

3 comments:

  1. Claudia Jimenez7/20/2010 3:37 AM

    Okay it's time to tell the world. Manny and I are getting married by church on July 2011. We finally agreed that July next year is the best time due to my work and school. We have been looking at places to have the venue, but we still have to set the actual date with the church. We will be making an appointment to see a priest soon so we can set an official date. I'll keep you guys posted as soon as we know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the link to your blog! It's fun to drop in and see what you're up to. Happy blogging...

    xo,
    s (& j)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, go ahead and leave a comment. I enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
ua-10399482-1