July 15, 2010

Day 1 – Talks, Tears, Cats and Plum Wine!

I'm all moved in! It kinda feels like I'm on vacation. It's so quiet...untill my phone starts blowing up with text messages from the little one asking if she can crash here Friday night. No "I'll miss you" nope, none of that! Actually both of my sisters reactions were "What! no, take me with you" and "That's too long, take me with you!"  Which I guess really is their own way of saying they will miss me...tear. I think I will miss them the most!

Our first night staying in officially began around 9pm. We started talking and talking and talking and talking....about those stupid boys I mentioned before. Then suddenly we were attacked by a swarm of hungry cats! In reality it was just the  neighborhood cats that kept meowing by the windows. One of those cat's was Veronica's!

Veronica with her cats.

Let me explain...Veronica has 3 dogs and 2 cats. Three day's before she left, one of her cats decided to hide under the house and resurface at 1 am. It didn't have a collar but based on the picture we had on FB  of the cat (the brown one of the left) and the actual cat before us,  we concluded that it was in fact the same cat. It was whining and crying and scratching itself...a lot. I figure it must be starving having spent like 3 days under the house. So Ariana and I began looking for some cat food. Well, since the cats were supposed to be taken care of elsewhere all their supplies were gone! No food for the kitty!



I googled "what to feed cat when out of cat food" ...results: TUNA!!! So with Ariana, confident that she had seen some tuna cans before, we searched the whole kitchen ................(jeopardy theme)..................Ooooh plum wine in the fridge! Score!...............(jeopardy theme continues)...................no tuna. So we poured some milk for the cat and some wine for ourselves! The cat went to town with that milk. We let him out again to "take care of business" . We talked, we cried, we laughed, we shared, and a little wine later.... around 3am or so we were finally ready for sleep.

Unfortunately, Mr. Kitty, was not! We didn't wan to be mean and leave him outside all night....that would be cruel he's a house cat. At least that's how I felt untill about an hour later when the

drum roll please............

Incessant,abiding, ageless, always, amaranthine, boundless, ceaseless, constant, continual, continued, continuous, dateless, deathless, enduring, everlasting, forever, illimitable, immemorial, immortal, immutable,  imperishable, indefinite, indestructible, infinite, interminable, lasting, never-ending,  perdurable, perennial, permanent, perpetual, persistent, relentless, unbroken, unceasing, undying, unending,  unfading, uninterrupted, unremitting, without end MEOWING BEGAN.

Yes, guilty of using an online thesaurus. One word was not enough to convey our pain. . . . .  For 4 HOURS!! AHHHHHHHHHHH! I couldn't take it anymore.  Finally, I just let him out of the house around 7 am. I went back to bed. I got one gloriously silent hour of sleep....untill the alarm went off. Day 2 here we go.

I need a nap!

5 comments:

  1. Haha sounds like a good first night! Thank god for plum wine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claudia Jimenez7/16/2010 9:18 AM

    Was that the brown cat you are talking about or patches? The brown cat is the indoor cat and was probably frightened of you two since he doesn't like strangers. He probably wanted a bath after being outside for a week, thus the scratching (flees). Does he have a water bowl and kitty litter inside the house? Maybe he wanted to drink water or go bathroom, thus the crying. Cats also like to be held when they are under stress, but I heard he is particular about who touches him. If you needed cat food, you could of asked me I have some or made a trip to the store. Its not good to give cats milk 'cuz it gives them worms or other stomach problems that make cleaning up after them smelly later. Hope you girls get some zzzz's today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claudia to the rescue! We always need a friend with knowledge of cats. Good tips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg I remember Veronica!! She was such a sweet girl back in JR high... love her :) Tell her I said HI!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel bad now. But he in good hands so rest assured. (hanging head in shame)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, go ahead and leave a comment. I enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
ua-10399482-1