July 26, 2010

Over the Weekend and all the way back to Wednesday...

One week down 2 more to go...

This past Wednesday marked one week since I “moved out” and started this little project. I don’t think keeping a daily count of what I did is really necessary anymore. That and I’m pretty sure I running out of writing steam here. Wednesday the 21st would have been “Day 8″…the day I didn’t do anything interesting...AT ALL. But Thursday day 9, now that was fun!!

I'm a big fan of Los Pinguos. They are a pretty cool band from Argentina and have a cool sound to them. I found out that on Thursday night the city of Culver City has a summer concerts. Yup, FREE!!! So I rounded up some pals…Ariana, Claudia, Manny, Doreen and Roger….and we headed down there. It was crowded but worth it. They played just about an hour long and we danced to the beats. Ariana completely rocked this old man’s night! She backed it up pretty good!!  This one man was really concerned we took his picture that he had to ask us…"Uh no sir; we took her picture," pointing at Ariana. I guess he figured he was a more interesting subject than a girl doing the one had clap.

[gallery columns="2"]

After the show…we behaved like groupies and decided we just had to take a picture with them…they were great sports about it. I so00o need to get a camera, Doreen’s iPhone was all we had for the night. Since we were already in Downtown Culver City and we wanted to celebrate Claudia and Manny’s wedding to be, we decided to walk around till we found a spot. Right after Doreen was attacked by a falling tree branch of course. LOL you had to be there.  I was a little concerned about this walk for two reasons  1.my car was parked in a loading zone only …and 2.the possibility of  passing out from hunger, all I had that day was my magic breakfast sandwich and it was now almost 10pm! Ariana was also starving so we temporarily ditched them to scarf down some burrito bowls at Chipotle while they walked across the street. . Yum….oh the guacamole….drool. Yay for leftovers!! We joined the rest of the crew, yeah I said crew…I know….we joined the rest of the gang? Posse? Group? Entourage? Bunch? Troupe? I think I’m going to go with crew. Always trust your instincts! Anyhow…We ended the night at Ugo Wine bar were there was chocolate cake, crème brule and lots of laughs!! What do you call a fish with no eye?……….Fsh!

Very fun night..... On to Friday......Friday night was apparently Baby-sit night at the house-sitting place. Both Ari and I said we could babysit some kids. She was in charge of a 5 year old boy and 10-moth old baby girl. I had a 4 year old boy. Little baby Brook was adorable. So cute in fact that it was so easy to overlook the 3 straight hours of piercing crying. Strong tiny little lungs! Oh and Dylan and Ricky just hit it off fine...you know playing "bad guys" with guns. Wholesome fun was had by all.  You know those teens that say they "WANT" to have babies. They should babysit one evening, that'll shut em up. I think it was the first night we went to bed early.

Saturday was TJ day. For those that keep asking about my braces:
Me: So how much longer Dr. Mederos?

Dr. Mederos: It depends on your tooth. Just that one tooth is holding everything up.

Me: Awesome! (it might be hard to read, but this line if full with sarcasm!)

The drive back was intense....so much traffic and bad Cuban food. I just got home and crashed on the couch, drool and all...it was so sexy, too bad no one was around to photograph the sultriness oozing from me at that moment.

That night we headed down to Pasadena to hang out some of Ariana's friends. Tony and Mia, cute couple these two. They are so artsy and creative. They even have a cool clothing line, dfrnt apparel. And their blog: dfrnt Times. Cool as heck peeps. Ironic that tony and I went to the same high school but we never met. And hew grew up on the same street i live on. We dined on some fine Vietnamese food, indulged in some frozen yogurt w/ mochi....mmmmm mochi....then some shopping at a random Indian store where I scored a very cute bracelet.

Note to self: Buy a camera already!

We ended up at Barnes and Noble where I picked up a copy of a memoir I’ve wanted to read ever since I read one chapter from it from a friend's copy about 3 years ago while in Spain....phew...felt like I typed that in one single breath...It's called A Piece of Cake. Can't wait to read it!! At the end on the night we strolled back to their place and just talked a bit about their work and art and just hung out. We also ended up talking about this project I've been thinking about for a while...yup just thinking, not working on or doing....It's an idea that involves kids and clothes. I grew up in Lennox, not the nicest place but it's home. It's a poor community, prominently Latino, lots of kids. So I thought it would be a cool thing if people could trade their kids clothes. The stuff that is still good and useful but the kids have outgrown. Like when you get a hand-me-down but this would be called Hand-Me-Up. Gotta keep it positive! The more we talked about it the more excited i became. So with Tony's help we're gonna try and get this running soon. First with just trading Jackets and let's see what happens from there....

Sunday...Church, Denny's, Home, fight with Mom, emotional break down followed by 15 minutes of straight sobbing...the snot involved was even sexier than yesterday's drool..., nap, groceries, airport run at midnight, followed by out loud singing of Disney classics. I was able to identify 18 out of 20 songs.

"There you see her, sitting there across the way, she don't got a lot to say, But there's something about her..."

OK so my signing is not great...I personally enjoy it but fine, here is a little something to make ya reminisce:



*tomorrow there will be something a little different on here...

7 comments:

  1. Our singing was better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eventful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claudia Jimenez7/27/2010 2:07 AM

    Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOOOOVE the Hand-me-up idea Marisol : ) Lennox does need something like that. It's our hood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh-oh!!! Your dentist's name is Dr. MEDEROS?!?! Never knew that! That's gonna be my last name in October of this year! Haha, finally changing my last name after 9 years!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally! LOL well i'm glad. Yeah that's his name.

    ReplyDelete
  7. id like to take the time to let u all know i can sing like Ariel (the red headed Disney sea princess who turns into a human for "love") yeah thats her name!

    Ursula: NOW SING!
    Ariel: ahhh ahh ahhh...ahhh ahhhh ahhhh! <3 my fav part!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, go ahead and leave a comment. I enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
ua-10399482-1