May 9, 2011

Over the Weekend: Dance Attack, Sushi and BAD Movies


I love busy weekends like the one I just had. The only little problem is that I feel tired all day Monday. I suggested nap time at work after lunch but my boss just didn't go for it.  Co-workers were disappointed as well.


I'm going to start with Saturday night. Only because this is my favorite picture of the weekend! I went to dinner with my friend, Marissa at Hara Sushi. Best sushi EVER!! It's this small, crowded and loud place in LA but so worth it. Plus very easy on the price! We then went to the west side pavilion to watch Something Borrowed. It was funny but not original. Very predictable and obvious. In the end we felt conflicted rooting for Jennifer Goodwin's character, she slept with her best friend's fiance. He cheated on his fiance with her best friend. No matter the situation, that is not OK. They played it well though, because Kate Hudson's character is very vain, selfish and not likable. Oh well. Still had a good time with my friend and was entertained.

I started my Saturday morning by working out.............. now that you are done reacting,  I got up and went for a run at the track on Aviation. Of course by run I mean jog....or walk a lot and run a little. Hey, the point is I got up and got moving! Around 11am we (we includes The Boyfriend and his nephew aka The Nephew) headed over to the Santa Monica Festival. We were planning on just taking The Nephew to go see Ozomatli do their Ozokids music show and then leave but we ended up staying the whole day. There were lots of vendors, giving free samples, lots of arts and crafts for kids and of course the always present food trucks. Some of Gerardo's friends also joined us that day. We of course took the nice fancy camera to take lots of photos but some one forgot to bring the memory card. So all I have a few iPhone shots:
The Nephew had a grumpy "I don't want to be here" face for most of the morning until he was promised a new transformers toy to have fun. When asked what his favorite part of the day was "Throwing the man in the water."


I call this one, Firemen on Break.

We stood in line for half an hour just to get a hot dog. You gotta love those food trucks. We laid down on a blanket to have lunch only to have front and center view to the Dance Attack show. Um...let's just say there were men in cheetah print leotards and hot pink unitards prancing about. If you don't know what a unitard is then you don't ever need to. We left tired, but happy. Oh and I scored new pretty hand made jewelry thanks to my date :)

Sunday did not go according to my plans but it was still a pleasant day. Late morning, went to two mother's day lunches (more on this later). I spent the evening watching a really, really, really bad movie. If anyone ever asks if you want to watch "Cyrus". Run! I'm serious. Overall this entire weekend was mostly not what I planned but sometimes it can turn out better that way.

♥always,
Marisol

0 lovely comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, go ahead and leave a comment. I enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
ua-10399482-1