May 4, 2011

Color Me Spring

Like I've super overstated I'm not trendy. I'm comfy! But working for a cosmetic company i learned a little something about color casting, and color trends. Oh yes, I feel super cool. I know what is "hot" and "in" right now. Not that I'm actually incorporating said trends. The problem is I'm such a sale shopper that what I buy probably was last seasons I suppose. Oh well!

But for you all that are curious and a lot more fashion conscious than I, here is the Spring report:

First you begin with the Pantone Fashion Color Report for Spring 2011. Apparently, this is where anything that has to be color updated take their cues from, fashion designers, interior decorators, cosmetic developers ect.
Here are the colors:

Well now that you know what colors to wear, how do you wear them?? I have no idea. But I have noticed that Honeysuckle in every single lipstick/ lip gloss color for every brand. Also the Lavender and Silver in nail polish and the Blues and oranges in dresses.

There are also trends in what to wear, here are my favorites for spring!

It's about the whites:
D&G Spring 2011
  and florals:
               D&G Spring 2011                           JOHN GALLIANO Spring 2011             
and stripes:
 
                PRADA Spring 2011                      VIVIENNE WESTWOOD Spring 2011

and that 70s style:
               DEREK LAM Spring 2011                MARC JACOBS Spring 2011


You get the picture :) I have it on good authority that you will also look super fly if you are sporting some rocker inspired wear (think studs an spikes), wearing fruits prints (seriously, like a jacket with lemons on it), Knitwear (bring out those crochet needles, people!), sheer fabrics (please wear a bra or a cami underneath!), and denim (think lean, clean lines, not 80s revival).

So there you go my friends, a little fashion advice. Hey, you wear what I say not what I wear, OK! I feel like Andy from the Devil Wears Prada, you know the part when she finally can dress all cool an fashionable, take that Miranda Priestly!!

♥ always,
Marisol

0 lovely comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, go ahead and leave a comment. I enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
ua-10399482-1