May 6, 2011

The Day After Cinco De Mayo

It's May 6th. Or more appropriately Seis De Mayo. Nothing special is celebrated today - Correction - I Just found out that 6th of May it is actually International No Diet Day!! Now I don't feel bad for having a plateful of burrito/quesadilla/nachos for lunch at work. Plus, how appropriate is it that I woke up craving chilaquiles (a Mexican breakfast dish) on both days? But alas, there was no time for me to make some. Nor do I actually know how to make some. Good thing I have plenty of great friends, three whom so kindly have promised to make me some. The competition is on Karla, Veronica and Doreen!! But I will probably love all 3 anyway.


Speaking of food, Mexico and friends... We had a mini Cinco De Mayo dinner last night. Everyone made/bought food and we sat around listening to Veronica tell her horror travel stories. Listened to some Mariachi and ate a lot of food. Specially, a lot of beans! For some reason, Veronica decided that a giant pot of beans was necessary. And some gooooood flan for dessert.

There was some confusion on what I was supposed to bring. They were all under the impression that I would be "making" ceviche. Well, I made the time to go buy some so it counts.
Doreen, drunk of Horchata!
Dont bother us, we're eating!




Yes It is!



laughing at Veronica s comment...You had to be there!
That may or may not have been my third helping of beans...

Happy Cinco De Mayo!

Lots of fun and great home cooked/store bought/ restaurant ordered food was had by all :)

And please, please tell me that you know what was celebrated yesterday. Please tell me that you know it was not Mexico's Independence Day. That would be September 16. I will let Wikipedia inform you some more. What? Wikipedia is reliable!

I still don't understand why it's such a big deal in the US, there will even be a parade around my neighborhood this weekend. ut whatever, fun is had, food is eaten and plenty of drinks are had. Que viva Mexico! Hope you had a great Cinco De Mayo and Seis De Mayo aka International No Diet Day! And while I'm at it Siete & Ocho De Mayo.


♥ always,
Marisol

0 lovely comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, go ahead and leave a comment. I enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
ua-10399482-1