February 1, 2012

How Junk Mail Leads to Shopping

I have a mail hoarding problem. I receive mail decide to open or not open and regardless of such choice I then start creating a pile. This little pile then grows and grows and one day when I finally cant' take it anymore I go through it. Between moving and accumulating and sorting stuff around, my pile was more like a giant heap of junk that was seriously becoming some kind of hazard.

The fun part is that in between all that junk I find treasures. You know, things like, money in the forms of checks (two checks, totaling $75), coupons (lots of coupons!), notices for free xm satellite radio for the next 3 months (not the first time this happens), a medical bill 90 days late (not really a treasure and will be paid with said checks mentioned above so I break even), new insurance card (my current card is only 2 months expired),  store gift cards, movie ticket vouchers, $5 in music downloads, new credit cards (just new updates for the ones I already have), membership cards, expired coupons (sad face), and gap cash cards that expired the next day.


So to the mall the next day with $30 to the Gap. Determined not to spend more than those $30 my options were seriously limited. Please excuse the awkward dressing room shots...what can I say, I think I like awkward photos.

Seriously, forgive the messy hair...this is what you end up looking when you wake up late. and then try on a bunch of clothes.


 Not much luck at the Gap but I did take that grey shirt...sweater?... and only paid a $1 for it. And right after the cashier said the words "final sale" I immediately thought "Why didn't I go to Old Navy first?" I still had $10 left so of I went to Old Navy. I should have gone to Old Navy first.



Now I have a dilemma...the dressing room understood.


So in order to stick to my budget I went home with the orange stripe shirt for $8 (score!) and some jewelry. The brown bracelets and one pink puffy ring that is so not me but it was so dam cute that it won.

So that my friends, is how junk mail leads to shopping. Check your mail, hopefully you find some money and not some bills.

♥always,
Marisol

1 comment:

  1. i love this post. you are so like me...i can find any excuse to shop! but you did well...you got great stuff and didn't spend much money at all! and i think your "awkward" pictures are super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, go ahead and leave a comment. I enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
ua-10399482-1