February 20, 2012

Making Cake Pops

Friday night I decided to make Cake Pops. They are exactly what they sound like they would be. Pops make out of cake. It all started with this lady: Bakerella. Then everyone and their Starbucks started making/selling them. I looked over the recipe and then looked at this blog to get a better picture of the process. I went to the store and bought everything, went home and winged it. As in I just made them based of what I remembered from reading earlier in the day. They are easy to make but pretty tedious.
 
Lesson I learned while making Cake Pops:
  • Don't over bake your cake, you need it to be moist not dry.  I didn't over bake on purpose i just wasn't careful.
  • Use about 3/4 can of frosting not just half. 
  • Before melting the candy melts, lower the microwave temperature to low. VERY IMPORTANT!
  • Refrigerate the cake balls for at least 2 hours or 30 minutes in freezer before dipping. Not 30 minutes in fridge.
  • Dipping must be an art form, one that I am not talented in. 
  • if you start at 10pm you will go to bed really late. but you will smell like cake. 
  • 5. Next time don't just "wing it" look up directions.  Although, now I'm pretty sure I got it.
  • There is a reason they are expensive to order or buy. 
  • You will get dirty...or frosty.
  • Even with all that, they are still really, really, freaking good!
  • They are like Pringles, you cant just eat one. Or five.


Have you tried them yet? If you are interested I know a pretty cool chick that makes them, and no i'm not self promoting I really do know someone that sells them: Betty Lou!

♥always,

0 lovely comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, go ahead and leave a comment. I enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
ua-10399482-1