February 28, 2012

Dry Shampoo Reviews

I have greasy hair.Yes, it's true, as much as I hate it and don't want to admit it, I have greasy hair. Not just greasy, but also super fine, thin and life-less hair. Plus, the ends are fried. I don't get it. 

The more I wash it the oilier the top gets and the dryer the ends become. It's a vicious cycle. It gets greasy in extreme weather too. If it's too hot or too cold...greasy. Then one day I discovered dry shampoo.

The first brand I tried was Blow Faux Dry Shampoo

Stats:
$20/ 2.4 oz / No scent  
Initial thoughts after first use:
This seems to work pretty well but might be better suited for blonds, no smell so better than baby powder. Not really too impressed for something this pricey but maybe it's worth it?
Final verdict after extended use:
This thing BLOWS! As in it sucks. The nozzle stopped working half way through the bottle. I always had white residue, and it gave me dandruff. Might at well stick to the baby powder trick. I say Pass.




Then while cruising a target I found: Tresemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo, Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo, and Dove Invigorating Dry Shampoo. 

I lumped these three together because I have pretty much the same feeling about them.
Stats:
Tresemme $5.29 / 5.7oz / citrus scent
Suave $2.74 / 5oz / also rather citrus-y
Dove $4.49 / 5oz / smells like dove stuff. 
Initial thoughts after first use:
Ssmells pretty. Seems to work OK...but...hmmm. Great price though. 
Final verdict after extended use:
SO NOT OK. The effect only last for a little while then you have gunky greasy hair again. Neither gave me any body and the smell ended up going away rather quickly. I felt dirty, not clean.

Tresemme: the worst offender, it left a residue and made my hair really gross, it just seemed to spread the oil. Then gave it a sticky feeling.
Suave: left white flecks and then gradually turned into the gunky look with the sticky feeling.
Dove: was probably the most decent out of the three but not by much.Took a while for the good stuff to come out of the can.


On yet another target trip I bought Umberto Dry Clean Dry Shampoo.
Stats:
$8.99 / 4oz / no scent.   
Initial thoughts after first use:
OhMyGod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This might actually work.
Final verdict after extended use:
OhMyGod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This actually works. No residue, no white stuff (although at first yes, but then you shake it off), no funky scent, in fact, no scent at all. Gives me body and fullness and the oil is gone!! Works for at least a good 24 hours, maybe more. See photo below.

The first shot was right before I left for work, hair was clean fresh. Second shot was the next day late in the afternoon. The third shot was about 2 minutes after the second shot.



You have no idea how this has changed my life. I love Umberto, whomever he is. I am still curious about other brands so I might buy them just to try it out and compare but Umberto's has my heart and greasy hair till then. 


♥always,

0 lovely comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, go ahead and leave a comment. I enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
ua-10399482-1