February 6, 2012

In the Bedroom: Inspiration

I've only been in the new apartment for 3 weeks and that already feels like a long time and like I should have something to show already! Too bad I'm not even close...

But before all that I had a tiny bedroom. Tiny is the perfect word for it. And while I tried to make the most of it, it sucked. I even tried doing a whole makeover in an effort to make me feel better in that space but it was a fail. I started and then gave up. Most embarrassingly I tried to blog about it and failed. Now I have a whole apartment to makeover. As in from scratch! From paint to furniture to well...everything!

So this time around I'm not going to create such a blogging hazard for myself and just share the progress as I go. Plus the inspiration as I go. To begin, I needed to GROUND myself. Once I got over the shock that YES, furniture is expensive and accepted the fact that NO, you are not going to find some great find at the thrift store to convert into a marvelous unique piece because it will just sit in the backyard for a year and the photos you find online of these amazing lonny bedrooms were done by someone other than you with a bigger pocket book so don't set yourself up into thinking you too can do it just the same. I will just have to go with the flow, some things may not turn out so great and some just might and others will just evolve. Here are some of my inspiration images. Note however that this is not what the final result will look like but I love these photos and they keep me going...







Oh...if only...HEY, I said Ground yourself, missy! Why, yes, I did just speak to myself on my own blog. 

♥always,
Marisol

3 comments:

  1. What beautiful rooms! I wish we could paint the walls in our apartment :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Megan,

      Yeah, i swoon every time i see them.

      Delete
  2. One word IKEA, Works for me

    ReplyDelete

Hi, go ahead and leave a comment. I enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
ua-10399482-1