February 9, 2012

Brace Face

I've slightly mentioned here and there about my braces but have yet to really share the whole story.
Well, at least a short-ish version of the whole story. Ready, here we go...

I got braces at 25. To fix my crooked teeth? Nope. To fix....well this story really really starts when I was 7. One of my upper baby canine (so formal huh?) decided to not fall off, leaving my adult permanent canine floating about in my gums. Fast forward to 20 when I had my wisdom teeth pulled out (all 4 at the same time by the way...ouch) and my top teeth started to kind of open up. Weird stuff. So being without dental insurance and feeling rather vain I decided to join a friend in Tijuana where she got her braces. I would ride down with her and her sister lived right by the border in TJ, plus it would be way less expensive than getting it done here. She sold me on it, I went and next thing I knew, there I was, with braces on, with the promise of just two years and a perfect smile. Here's what the braces look like on me:
This is a very rare photo. I never smile for photos where you can see the braces. Not to mention blue eyeshadow is rare too but that has nothing to do with this story so moving on...the point point is I even forgot how to smile for photos.

All this to say that 5 years later, after moving my teeth around to accommodate for a surgical removal of my baby tooth, the pulling down of my adult version, the moving of my teeth back in place (while never looking quite the same again) the pain, the agony, the metal taste, the food stuck, the food forbidden to eat, the rides to TJ, the rubber bands and the longer than normal flossing time, THEY ARE FINALLY OFF!

Since I forgot how to smile...I present to you my teeth....sans braces...in another awkward photo series of course:. At first I wasn't sure I could do it...
( note the sweater, it's my new fave ;)

But I warmed up to it...
I want to take better shots than with an iPhone camera, weird lighting and fuzzy shots are not the best way to debut the new grill, but that will come with time. Hopefully, I remember I can smile again and if I do, I hope it's not that weird smile. Look out spinach, crest white strips and candy apples oh and regular apples too, I'm coming your way!

 ♥always,

1 comment:

  1. i'm happy for you!! you look very pretty ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, go ahead and leave a comment. I enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
ua-10399482-1