June 3, 2011

Movie Review: Bridesmaids

I went to see this movies with my fellow bridesmaids and BFF Bride recently, and by recently I mean a few weeks ago. I though it would be fun to watch since it's almost time for the wedding...

I had heard positive reviews and how super funny it was, like a female "The Hangover" and blah blah blah. It sounded like it was getting over hyped. I was hoping the movie wasn't just a bunch of women behaving raunchy and trying to make a movie like the boys. So walking in my expectation were low. Honestly....I loved it. Freaking Hilarious! I was laughing the entire time. 

Now for my official review which is always weeks after said movie is out and is based on a criteria I completely made up in this review of The Town and I may or may not change it for this post because again, I just made it up. Here goes:

ACTORS/ CHARACTERS: A+
I loved all the leading ladies in this movie, they all did a great job. I think my favorite was Melissa McCarthy just because I have never seen her play that type of role and she did it so well. Kristen Wiig was Kristen Wiig, I loved her but I feel a little bit of a typecast coming on. It's like Vince Vaughn, you see him in one movie it's like you've seen him in all his movies, still really, super funny though. The leading guy in the movie was weird though. He did a good job but something about him was just off for me, I can't even explain it. 

STORY: A-
Girl asks her BFF to be her Maid of Honor, Maid of Honor does not have her life together at all and feels like she is loosing her BFF to new Frenemy that has everything going for her. Maid of Honor looses it as her life starts to spiral out of control and so hilarity ensues. Heartwarming ending where all ends well.  It was a really fun story. A little typical chick flick but the humor was so great that it can be overlooked, but not super chick flick-y that men will run away. Don't you love how technical I am?

WATCHABILITY: A+
You will not be bored, I promise. You will be laughing the entire time. Women will relate, specially if you have ever been a bridesmaid, maid of honor or ever had to fight for your bff. Men, you will just laugh, trust me.

FAVORITE SCENE: The wedding dress shop disaster.

FAVORITE LINE: "It's happening...it happened" and "What kind of name is Stove anyway?" and " Female fight club. We grease up - surprise! Beat the crap out of her."

OVERALL: A+ Go watch it, it's worth the $11.25 or whatever your local theater charges these days.

♥always,
Marisol

1 comment:

Hi, go ahead and leave a comment. I enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
ua-10399482-1