October 20, 2010

The Town

Watch it! It was GOOOOOD.
  

Alright so this one is little old now, and you all probably saw it already. Is it even in theaters still? I think you can still see it at the dollar theater around town. It really shouldn't be called the dollar theater anymore. I think the last time I went there is was like $5. Actually, I think the nearest one in Hawthorne is not even open anymore. Remember when it was $1 to get in? Hence the "Dollar Theater" nick name. I remember I went to see Star Ship Troopers at Pacific Theaters back in in High school and it was $5 to get in. Ah the good all days. Wow...I just told a back in my day story. Hmm better save those for another ten years when I start getting all weirded out about turning 39. Then it's only a hop skip and away to 50!

Back to The Town. My Ratings (which I am making up as I write this):

Actors: A!
Great performances!! The only one that seemed a little flat to me was Blake Lively. It felt like any other pretty actress could play this part. But Ben Affleck and Jeremy Renner were just great!

Story: A!
It has a good flow, there are no super slow, drag parts to it really. You know where this movie is headed most of the time so its not like there is some big twist or unexpected surprise but it was never meant to be that type of movie, I think.

Watchable: A
Definitely keeps you going, no boring parts even the slower scenes. I found myself caring about the mains characters and their relationship. Definitely very entertaining and worth the time.

Favorite Scene: The nun scene! You''l know what I mean.

Favorite Line: "Hey, this is for you." Need to see it to truly understand why it's my favorite line. Oh and also, " 'I need your help. I can't tell you what it is, you can never ask me about it later, and we're gonna hurt some people'..."Whose car we takin'?' "

Overall: Watch It. Or at this point rent it when it comes out.

2 comments:

  1. best ben affleck movie since good will hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Good Will Hunting!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, go ahead and leave a comment. I enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
ua-10399482-1