June 28, 2011

Congratulation Baby Sister

Last Thursday was my baby sister's High School graduation. She's not a baby, she's 18 but since I got to change her diapers I have the right to call her my baby sister.

She chose me as her mentor and during the graduation I got to walk with her in the processional and also received a beautiful letter, a medal and a flower. I almost cried. She requested I not so I held it back. It was very surreal to walk the same path I took 11 years prior with her. She's out in the world now. She will have college and a life to start. When I see her I feel almost parent like. Almost. I know maybe I could play the cool older sister part but, 11 years is a long time and a whole generation later. I want to protect her and guide her and make her make the right decisions. But I know that it's up to her now.



So baby sister, I promise to always be here for you . No matter what, when, where or who. I'm so proud of you.

 ♥always,
Marisol


0 lovely comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, go ahead and leave a comment. I enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
ua-10399482-1