June 26, 2011

Happy Father's Day


I was blessed with the best Dad. I'm not just saying that. He really is a great human being. I have felt loved and cared for since the day I was born and I know that as long as I can feel I will feel that way. I also know that if I'm craving a cheeseburger at 1am I can probably talk him into going to get one for me. So why is this post one week late? I know Last Sunday was Father's day and we celebrated, it's not like I forgot or anything. It's late because I finally found this photo:



I looked and I looked. But alas I could not find it last week. I knew it was in my room somewhere. The photo I so dearly cherish. It's a photo of my dad holding me while standing in line for a ride at Disneyland. Why this photo? Because it's my favorite of me and him. It was from my first trip to Disneyland. I think we are in line for Star Tours. It's not the best looking photo of us. My dad is making a weird face and I'm sun burned but there is just something about this photo. It's so real to me like a memory come to life. I felt so special that day. Just me and my parents, walking around Disneyland in my six year old glory. It was 1987 and I was basking is the August heat and believing my dreams were coming true. I hadn't seen my Dad for a year prior because he moved here from Guatemala. This Disney trip was a few months after my Mom and I moved here too. My Dad kept doting on me that day (like most days anyway) but there was just something about this trip that made him proud to be there with his family and having a day off from working to just laugh and play with his daughter.

Little did he know that he would be the doting Daddy of two more little girls. So even though this is late, but it doesn't matter anyway because really just about everything on this blog gets posted late and celebrations like these should be had more than once a year, Happy Father's Day Daddy.

♥always,
Marisol

1 comment:

  1. Que linda esa foto nena, todavía te tengo en mi mente cuando estabas así. Te quiero mucho. Me encanto este blog yo se que cuando nuestros papas nos dedican todo el carinio y el tiempo del mundo no hay palabras para expresar lo agradecidas que estamos con ellos.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, go ahead and leave a comment. I enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
ua-10399482-1