July 1, 2011

A Night With Don Quixote

I remember reading a children's version of Don Quixote as a kid and I remember my Dad trying to get me to read the entire novel in Spanish when I was a teenager but I never did. Seriously Dad? I love to read and all but at 16 a full length novel in Spanish was not going to happen.So what does Don Quixote have to do with anything? Well, there is a ballet inspired by this novel and this past Saturday G, my little sisters and I went to see it.
photo source
 You might be thinking, "How did you manage to get your guy to go see a ballet?" Easy, it was his idea. The production was put on by the National Ballet of Cuba. So in all honesty he probably thought it was going to be some kind of cultural event not a full on ballet production. We enjoyed it though. It was beautiful and a lovely story.The Dorothy Chandler Pavilion has these huge chandeliers and mirrored walls, that apparently we couldn't keep our eyes of...


And it's located in the Music Center Down Town. I love that little area, especially the fountain right outside.

We were trying to make this look romantic but we couldn't stop laughing...maybe next time.
♥always,
Marisol

0 lovely comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, go ahead and leave a comment. I enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
ua-10399482-1