March 16, 2012

Jugo de Tamarido

Alrigh-t for you non-Spanish speakers, that title up there translates to: Tamarind Juice. This past weekend my mom made this little treat from scratch. While sipping on it, I was suddenly transported to elementary school. Yes, I'm talking to you 2nd grade class at Eucalyptus Elementary School. And no, I wasn't magically transported...more of a mental flashback but it felt really real.

What do a second grade me and and Tamarid Juice possible have in common? An entire class room of laughing at you children, that's what. Let me finally get to the point...

Back in you guessed it, 2nd grade, we had a class party. Every child was in charge of bringing some kind of treat or drink. I volunteered to bring juice. Most normal children would have brought some Kool-Aid or Sunny-D, both perfectly acceptable to the taste buds and visuals of a second grader. However, I requested my mom make my favorite drink, at that time, her home tamarind juice. If you are not familiar with Tamarind, check it out below and then google it for more images:
{source}

Looks pretty weird right? it's actually really tasty. Now, image what these guys look like floating in a juice. You getting a visual yet? As I proudly added my pitcher of tamarind juice to the collection in the back, I couldn't wait 'till the party! Around lunch time all the goods had been spread out and that my friends is when the laughing began. More like cruel mocking really. Some snarky boy in my class yelled out, "EWWWWWW Who brought the Poop Water?"



Let the emotional scarring begin. Good thing nobody saw me bring it in so nobody knew it was mine. I joined in on the laughing and pointing and "ewws" that were spread around while we were looking for a culprit. The teacher finally managed to calm everyone down and distracted everyone with soda and Oreo cookies.

I survived that one!  However I was not so lucky with the 6th grade oatmeal cookie debacle. Who doesn't like oatmeal cookies? My entire 6th grade class, that's who! I finally shared these stories with my mom, we both laughed until we had tears in our eyes and finished our tamarind juice.

Have a great weekend!  

♥always,

0 lovely comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, go ahead and leave a comment. I enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
ua-10399482-1