December 5, 2011

30 Letters

As part of my Birthday Challenges, I challenged myself to write 30 letter to 30 different people. I am now slapping my self silly. That's a whole lot of letters. My of the top of my head list only included about 10 people. The plan was to write a letter to 30 people that in some way shaped the person I am today. But as I started to write these letters I realized I don't have 30 people I would say shaped the person I am today.

{Source: weheartit.com via Van on Pinterest}


I started with the obvious, my parents, siblings, loved ones, best friends...then I got a little stumped. So I started with teachers, dead people, even one celeb (Enrique Iglesisas if you must know, something about being the obsession of my tween age year and allowing me to fantasize...blhblahblah...don't judge me I was getting desparate) and to people that even affected me negatively because in the end they shape the person I didn't want to become therefor shaping who I am. I also started to write letter to events and things in my life. These letters got really personal and some even made me cry. While I share a lot on here, these are too precious for me to put on here and too long to type out. I got old school and hand wrote them. In the end I only wrote 28 letters. Now, in order to fulfill the 30 quota here are two short letters that I will share with you:.

Letter #29
Dear Childhood Books,
You captured me. You kept me company and taught me all kinds of things. I would like to specially thank you Babysitters Club Series, the Velveteen Rabbit, The giving Tree, Where the Sidewalk End, Alight in the Attic (basically all of Shel's books), If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, Where the Wild Things Are, and many more. You all inspired my imagination and started my love for books. You have no idea how much you affected me. Because of you I discovered Jane Austen and because of you I loved to still to this day sit on my bed and get lost in a story for a few hours.    

{source}

Letter #30
Dear Trip To Spain,
I knew I would love traveling. You proved me right. My first solo experience outside of this country, I felt free and alive and grown up. With highs and lows...tears and laughter you carved a deep little part in my heart. You made me more adventurous. You made me want to see this whole world. Every trip I took afterwards or will take in the future was because of you.  


So there you go. 30 letters, even if I only shared 2. Well, 3 if you count the Enrique Iglesias blurb. Seriously I was desperate. 

♥always,
Marisol

0 lovely comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, go ahead and leave a comment. I enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
ua-10399482-1