December 14, 2011

Owl Be Darned


You know how even as a kid you start to develop an affinity for something? Some times it's something big and so important it turns out to be your career or passion. Most of the time it's just a weird fascination/obsession with a thing or a color or an animal. Think Mariah and her butterflies.  Growing up I wanted a "thing" to be my "thing!" But alas, nothing came. Nothing. I tried being into stars for while but it just wasn't well, my thing. I went through different colors, forest green was big for a while, it even was  my Quinceanera color. But again, not one color stuck. So maybe my "thing" is to just phase in and out of things? If that's the case, I'm really in to Owls right now. They fascinate me and so does the color Teal. So when I saw this little guy, my heart fluttered a little bit.

His name is Leo and he would have made it onto my Christmas list if he had not been sold out. :(
I know, I was sad too. Anyway. Back to other owls...

in a necklace...
{source}
in the kitchen...
{source}
by the front door...
{source}

on me AND the boyfriend...OK, so that last one is not gonna happen but a girl can dream. Moving on...
{source}


{source}



On a cake...I must bake this!
{source}

Pretty much everything at ModCloth...
{source}


As for the teal thing, I've always liked teal, in fact I know it's the color that looks best with my skin tone but rarely wear it. Recently the teal obsession started after I saw this...

I got the teal fever. I went on a mad hunt trying to figure out what color this was for a project I'm working on. Yup, I'm painting. And as much as I would love this whole living/dinning area the paint is actually for a bedroom. What's your "thing"? Is it owls, please say it's owls? Or teal, that can work.

♥always,
Marisol

1 comment:

  1. Yey!! Im glad you found your thing!! Finally lol ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, go ahead and leave a comment. I enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
ua-10399482-1