December 21, 2011

Thanks A Lot, WHAM!

Everybody, and I mean everybody has heard some version of the song "Last Christmas." If you haven't, well, at the end of this post you will. I'm usually all "Christmas-y" and love me some Christmas jams. However, "Last Christmas" is making me cringe. 


Originally the song was written by Wham! Yeah, those guys. To be fair their version is not the problem. The problem is that since it's creation in 1984, this song has been covered roughly 485 times. I am not kidding or exaggerating the number, I thought there must have been over 100 versions but this site blew me away! There are only so many ways to make one song sound different. The worst version is, and probably no matter how many more times it's covered will always be, Taylor Swifts version. The only ones that I actually like are Wham!'s, also known as the original version, and Cascada only because it's catchy and dance-y and she has a pretty voice (Taylor Swift... not so much on any count. I'm sure she is a lovely person.)




Oh and how funny is this? I went on YouTube to find this video and guess what the top 3 search results were? Yup. Wham! Cascada and Taylor Swift. Oh and go ahead and add Ashley Tisdale to the "worst" list for this song, while you are at it.  Not sure what possessed me to click on it.


Please, music industry, STOP making covers of this song. Pretty Please?

♥alwasy,
Marisol

0 lovely comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, go ahead and leave a comment. I enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
ua-10399482-1