July 20, 2011

Scarf Swap

A few weeks ago while perusing through some blogs I came upon a Scarf Swap Invitation. Being that I am one that never turns down a scarf swapping invitation I signed up. So how does a scarf swap work? I will send a complete stranger a scarf and she will send me one. We are then supposed to blog about it. Soooo here we go!

I was paired up with Miss Jessica from Toujours C'est La Vie, lovely gal over in Arizona. She sent me a very pretty brown and orange pattern scarf to play with. It was a little too short to really wear like a scarf around my neck but that's a good thing because it's way too hot to have something around my neck right now. My first thought then was to put it in my hair. However, there is a reason I don't wear scarfs in my hair. They always fall off. Every time! Even if I try to pin it. It manages to finds a way down. The only time they do stay on is when I tie them at the top.


 But then I just end up looking like Aunt Jemima...err Tupac. Tupac is cooler right?


I wasn't sure how Tupac looked in this photo so I posed with my best "I'm a bad a$$ gangsta" look. Yes, I'm aware it's a pretty pathetic attempt.

But maybe this little guy would stay so I tried this headband look...

 
but a few hours later it fell and I was wearing it like a necklace.
Taking a self-portrait with an iPhone while sitting at your desk and while trying to not get caught by coworkers takes more work than you think! I then decided I didn't want to deal with it all day so I tuned it into a cuff and wore it like so the rest of the day...

I went to lunch with the BFFs and had them take the following fashionable outfit photos...


However the only ones I liked were the ones where I look really awkward. ...

 Not sure what was going on here, but doesn't This Olive Garden have a pretty little setting with the waterfall and all...

The wind was not helping either... I didn't flash anyone but I think Claudia did.

Finally I just gave up and requested my camera back.

So there you have it folks... a good ol' scarf swap. I also noticed a correlation with my hair and the scarf. Every time I changed the scarf, I changed my hair style... bet ya didn't know how creative I could get with my hair AND a scarf... I wore em 4 ways in one day :) Those are skills one is born with I suppose.

♥always,
Marisol

4 comments:

  1. Love it. I knew the size would be a bit of a challenge but I just thought the colors were so pretty! I will be wearing the one you sent me on Friday I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it!!! such a cute scarf, and so versatile! i'm so glad you signed up, and i think you just might have to post a tutorial on how you tied it into that adorable little cuff... the knot is the cutest part - how did you do it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @jessicajo
    Cant wait to see it, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @jessie @ the concrete catwalk
    It was fun Paticipating! It was really simple, I loved how the cuff turned out. Will do on the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, go ahead and leave a comment. I enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
ua-10399482-1