February 1, 2011

Physicaly fit! Physically fit!

I know you know it. You know you know it. If you don't know it... You will now:


OK so now that we got that out of the way, on to the point of this post! Getting physically fit and getting my mojo back.

I've always been pretty thin, curvy, but thin. Lucky me, I know, don't Hate! I've had it easy actually, I always eat what I want, when I want. I will never say no to the following items: baked goods, cheesy stuff and chicken. My weight always fluctuates between 115-117 lbs. I'm 5'2" and like I said, pretty dam curvy. Now while I may be thin I am not physically fit. I'm weak. I don't think I can run a mile without passing out and I don't play sports.

In the last few month I managed to pass my 117 by and amount that will remain anonymous. Let's just say my jeans do not fit and my hips don't need to extend farther than they already do. I found myself just wearing stretchy pants! Thank GOD for leggings and my new personal favorites, Jeggings! So what's the big deal. Well, I'm almost embarrassed to say... I started to feel ugly.

I have to share this one...I'm sorry...


I'm a very confident person. I wasn't always. Grades 6-12 were hell for me. I thought I was the ugliest thing ever. Somewhere around 19 something changed. High school was over, college started and I was tired of feeling sorry for myself. I somehow realized that no amount of praying, wishing, hoping and crying would ever change the way I look. This is me. Big head, big nose, big lips, short, small boobs, big butt, curvy hips, small waist, thick legs... all me. I learned to love me the way I am. And just like that, my confidence came out. The thing about confidence is, that while it's internal and personal and something only you can control, once it's there it will shine through. Like you are glowing. I smiled more, I laughed more, I finally learned how to manage the frizzy hair, I even walked better. I noticed the boys noticed... yeah that was a shocker to me.

So these past few months of living with a little more junk in my trunk, thighs, and face (that's where I gain it) plus working late and traveling every month for work, lack of sleep and dealing with a heavy emotional breakup have really made me feel like I'm in high school again. I've never felt like more of an adult than I do now in my adult life but one look at some Christmas photos where I look like a hot air balloon and I'm back to feeling like a teenager. So where the hell did my confidence go?

It's not like I always felt super confident everyday. I had "bad" days and the learning to love yourself took time to get to the level where I am now. But lately it's more bad than good. The difference is it's ten years later and the love me the way I am part is not the problem. It's the I'm 29 now and I need to take care of myself. As in, eat a little better, not diet, I would never diet, but just eat better. Put down that second piece of chocolate cake, Marisol. Get more sleep. And most importantly...*sigh*...do some exercise.

Here is the plan to get me physically fit and hopefully back into my jeans!

Eating better: Not a problem, already on that. It's not hard since I don't eat a lot of junk food or fast food. it's the bread that's killing me. Plus I need to incorporate more breakfast and less late night meals. I have a massive tea addiction... switching to more healthy options like green tea (I'm crying for my chai lattes!) and also more water.

Sleeping more: Sleeping is a habit. I need to establish a schedule for myself. This will take a lot of discipline from me but a habit is a habit. I have to first break my sleeping late habit to form my new sleeping on time habit. I really can't do much about the traveling for work, plus I'm starting to get a rhythm every time I fly so with time this will be more manageable.

Exercising more: Oy...I hate the gym. Getting me to go work out is hard. I have to really be dragged. Once I get in the comfort of my home that's it, you are not getting me to work out. The only part I liked about the gym were the classes. I do well with classes. So to start my exercising I singed up for a Yoga studio. It was a little pricey so the frugal in me will definitely push me to attend. Plus it's a class, and it really doesn't feel like exercises. Plus the calming elements of Yoga I'm hoping will help with the stress of the heartache.

That's the plan my friends..wish me LUCK!

What do you guys do to stay physically fit, physically fit, physically physically fit!

I have to end with this one:

3 comments:

  1. Claudia Jimenez2/01/2011 4:30 PM

    I also feel like I have gained some weight. I need to get back to the gym and back in shape too. I started to go to the gym and stopped recently. I need to get back to my regular weight lifting cardio routeens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww this makes me remember our Hip Hop classes at the Gym...I can believe its been soooo long...I miss you :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww this makes me remember our Hip Hop classes at the Gym...I can believe its been soooo long...I miss you :(

    ReplyDelete

Hi, go ahead and leave a comment. I enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
ua-10399482-1