February 15, 2011

Over The Weekend: Birthday, Birthday and SAP

I had quite a busy weekend! Two birthdays and one sap. What is a sap? Well, you will just have to keep reading to learn about that.

First of, Saturday. This day was a beautiful day. Bright and sunny. I LOVE living in southern California. While most of the country is suffering from the evils of cold weather, I can wear shorts and sunglasses. But anywho...Costco on Saturday is madness! Avoid at all costs! Had lunch with Karen, we had some Johnny Rockets and when the bill came she said "I got this." Awww Snap! Then we did some shopping. Bought me a pretty new dress (A whole post about this dress is coming, that's how pretty it is and how much I love it!) and an orange owl. The orange owl will be back in some final Bedroom Makeover post...someday...

That night I went over to Claudia's for her hubs b-day. Sat around with my friends where a whole lot of topics came up. We went from bad strippers to plastic surgery. I refused to eat some birria (Aome beef dish. Beef..eew) but enjoyed a carb-loaded plate of beans, rice and tortillas. During conversation I made up the worn "Centimiterige," you know like mileage? Well, it made sense at the time. I mean if only 1 out of 5 people questioned the validity of the word, that's pretty good.  After some more conversation it was time for me to come home and make cupcakes. Birthday Party number 1 down, time to prep for Birthday number 2.
I WOULD REALLY LIKE FOR YOU TO COME UP WITH A CAPTION FOR THIS PHOTO! WINNER GETS A CHOCOLATE BAR OR SOMETHING...(Doreen was not harmed in the taking of this photo)

I'm never the tall one, I'm just wearing really high heels. Yes Doreen, is channeling some Sandy/Olivia Newton John moment here.

I was up till like 2am making these chocolate fudge cupcakes. Only for you little sister. Karen turned 22 on Sunday. We had a birthday party for her at our house. Lots of family, friends and food. And lots of fudge everywhere. Like, seriously, I had fudge everywhere. I kept finding it on me throughout the day. Wait a minute...I just said "Like" on my blog. The last time I val-wrote on here it was on purpose. This time was just me, hahaha. I'm a fresa sometimes! (Fresa = Spanish for Valley Girl).
I look pretty hot in that apron. It's been a while since I made cupcakes. Lesson reminded: Don't fill the cups up this much they will come out looking like muffins and not cupcakes! However...not really a problem in hindsight :)
We said the party started at 2pm. We had guest arriving from 1:30 to 5:30 pm. We expected everyone around 3pm,  so when some people showed up early we were baffled. Who shows up early? Didn't they get the Latino memo. If the Party starts at 2 that means the party starts at 3. But then again maybe we should start working on that.




It got chilly pretty quickly once the sun went down -- well chilly for us is like 67 degree weather -- so inside the house we all went. Watched The Proposal. Took a short nap during The Proposal, almost snuggled with my sister's friend in a sleepy haze because I thought it was my sister...awkward...woke up right at the end of The Proposal, then got ready for my SAP.

Well my readers, you made it through. Time to solve the SAP mystery. There is Valentine's Day and then there's Singles Appreciation/Awareness Day. Hence SAP = Singles Appreciation Party or SAP = Singles Awareness Party. Yes, that's it. That's what you had to sit there and read this entire post so you could find out what the heck a SAP was. I'm sorry.

So back to my SAP. It sounds like something kind of cool though right, like a bunch of single people getting together and meeting and having a good time, enjoying some food, drinks and being single! Well, it is and ours was just like that...except it was just 5 girls eating chips and ceviche, drinking wine and watching the Grammy's. But I promise it was fun. I had a great time. I laughed. A lot. There was a time when my stomach started to hurt from the laughter. My favorite lines from that night, which wont make sense to you since you had to be there but I think are so funny I'm going to write them anyway, are: "I'm a C", "Call the Verizon Hot Line" and "Do the Bernie!"

Definitely, a great weekend. Lots of food, fun and love. I leave you with this cute little card I found on Etsy:

0 lovely comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, go ahead and leave a comment. I enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
ua-10399482-1