February 28, 2011

Dress Remix

That's right, Reeeemix! Said in my best Missy Elliot impersonation.

In my last Over the Weekend post I mentioned that I bought a pretty new dress at Forever 21. I love that store. I'm going to be 50 and still shop there.  It's easy to shop there since I don't really have a style it's more of  an "I dress comfortably and there are things that just have a Marisol look" type of style. Whatever that look is.

So back to the dress...I wore it 4 times, 4 different ways. In 3 days. Yeah, I got skills like that. It's a simple print dress with an elastic band tightly at the center, loose-fitting everywhere else and a little short in the back, but , nothing a pair of shorts can't fix.

 First up: Friends Birthday Party.

Did you notice something? It's my purple heels from this Shoedazzle post. I was soooooo excited to finally wear these shoes. They have just been sitting in my closet for ever! The purple in the dress matches the dress perfectly. That post also reminded me that in fact there is a name for my "style" it's cosmopolitan, modern and spirited. Ha! That still make me laugh. 


The party was at night so I threw on this warm, military style sweater and cinched it with a brown belt, and a simple creamy white, rose pendant necklace.

Second I wore it to my sisters backyard birthday party the following afternoon.
I had to dress quickly as people showed up early and this dress was laying on my bed from the day before. Paired with a camel colored belt and skin-tone strappy sandals I was ready to play hostess.
 I just love all the colors!

Intermediately following the birthday party was the SAP party so I changed to something a little more dressy and warm.

Added some black tights, black wedges, black necklace and a Navy blue blazer. I asked for theses wedges on my Christmas list, in a Taupe. I received them in black too. I think I have worn the black more than taupe. Good call, little sister!
Little Jazmin liked my blazer so much she insisted on trying on. If a toddler likes what your wearing you definitely look one of two ways... Super cool or like a Nick Junior character. I'm thinking super cool. I am too....Although, if I were a cartoon character that would be pretty cool too.

Finally, the fourth outfit: The following Monday morning, I was running late for work, as usual, so again I just grabbed the dress and here you go:
 
I paired it with a white tee underneath, a jean jacket and my favorite boots!

Now this may not seem like a proper office outfit, short dress and all, but I work for a cosmetic company and honestly they could care less what I wear. I have worn everything from business formal for a meetings to my yoga pants and a hoodie. Plus, the white tee is for "cleavage" control....hahahaha....OK, ok, enough laughing, and the shorts are for booty control.

I love these boots!

This last little photo session was all laughs. I had to recreate my work outfit this weekend so I could put it on here. Do you know how hard it is to keep a straight face when trying to look aloof like I don't care that I know how cool I look? The fact that my cousin, Linda, was visits and making me laugh plus my sister saying things like, "Love the camera, now hate it, hate the camera." That's me hating the camera in the middle, and then hiding my my face in shame...

So there you go. I didn't mean to but that's  how I remixed my dress into 4 outfits for 4 different occasions in 3 days. Mental note: wash dress. I feel a little like a fashion blogger. The heck is a fashion blogger? That's what I said. But there are thousands of fashion blogger out there. I though it was cool an all but not my thing, some outfits were just plane odd to me. Until I came across Kendi Everyday. I would steal her closet if it weren't against the law and if I were a mean person. I think she might have inspired me in my remix. She's the 50 Cent to my Missy Elliot.  


I was so proud of myself, getting all creative with my outfits in this one dress. Until my more fashionable little sisters says, "Four? that's it? I can think of at least 30 more outfits." Ouch...hmm...post idea coming up. Till next time, I leave you with a REEEEEEMIIIIX!!!!


Wow, never really noticed how dirty this song is...sorry about that.

6 comments:

  1. Christine Hazelton2/28/2011 12:41 PM

    Marisol, you look adorable!!! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle Doyen2/28/2011 12:41 PM

    LOVE IT! I need you to dress me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! You did real good :) i am sure Kendi would be proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you were able to wear that dress in so many different ways -- My personal favorite was #3! :)

    - Caroline (http://keepcalmandstyleon.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christine, I miss you guys too! Any time, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a little model!! Makes me want to do the same with a bunch of clothes I have only worn once. Cute accessories and bombass shoes is the key here!!! LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, go ahead and leave a comment. I enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
ua-10399482-1