December 1, 2010

I was ShoeDazzled!

So I kept seeing these adds for ShoeDazzle all over the place. I don't fall for selling pitches. I'm the first one to say yeah right what's the catch???

Having said that, I found myself seeing these pretty purple heels over and over. Oh pretty... shoes... *snap* back to reality. Hmm I like the shoes so how do I go about getting them on this here site? Click on the link of course.

The deal with this site is you sign up, take a quiz, then you are given a selection of shoes picked out custom for you by "stylist" or "computer generated system" based on your style quiz. Every month you are sent a showroom of shoes, you choose the one you like and pay $39.99. This includes shipping. If you don't like your selection that month then you skip that month and you can quit at any time. Hmmm....

First impression:
It looked like a cool thing to try. It had all the right elements cute shoes, Celebrity endorsement via Kim Kardashian. She's the brainchild and face of Shoedazzle. I watched a little video read the Q&As. After said dazzlement of purple shoe... Since there it's a commitment I decided to give it a try. Going in on this I knew I would be either very happy or out $39.99 for one month. Here is my experience:

Signing up: 
Seriously an easy process, they don't ask for that much. You take a quiz where you are asked to choose between designers, fashionistas and styles...16 total question. Then they ask for your age range (18-46+) Shoe Size (5.5-11) and your dress size (0-12+). You put in an email address and create a password. Ta-dah! You are now a ShoeDazzle member.


Right after this little fun quiz... please take the meaning of the word fun lightly, you are shown your very own personal style. This comes in a form of a collage of different clothing and accessories along with some celebrity pictures. It looks like something that you made from magazine cutouts in 7th grade.

If ever came the time when I needed to define my style I now know what to say.
Apparently my style is cosmopolitan, modern and spirited... LOL. Ok sure. Although now that I take a closer look at this thing I do like what I see. Except for the chunky gold necklace and that black jacket.

After your collage comes your showroom with your shoe options. My purple shoes were not there. I guess they don't fall under Cosmodspir combo. After a few clicks here and there I found my shoes in the "Click here to see the shoes that almost made your show room" option. There they were. I selected, and purchased. $39.99.

A few days later I got my Shoedazzle box. Very nicely packaged. They even give you one of those soft shoe bags in pink. I felt very girly.The shoes look exactly like they did online. You can tell they are not super great quality but for $39.99 I'm not about to complain. That is until I tried them on. One shoe was tighter than the other. Significantly.

Woe is me.


I wrote to customer service about my situation (they ignored my concern about the different sizing) and agreed to exchange the shoes for whatever size I wanted. Free of charge. Sounded good to me. Too bad I put them on the floor behind my bed and forgot about them until about a month later. I doubt they have the shoes anymore since there is now a new collection in my show room. A collection that I passed on. I am also going to pass on ShoeDazzle. As in I am now canceling my membership. It's a cool program but when it comes to shoes I need to try before I purchase. These shoes are not that special and you can find similar styles at stores in the mall for about the same price or even cheaper online. Overall it was kinda fun but not for me. I'm not too bummed about the shoes since I do like them and I can manage one tight shoe, can't return as I wont get my money back, you get "credits back. So can't wait to actually wear my purple studded suede shoes. Even if I wont be able to walk in them for long...

0 lovely comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, go ahead and leave a comment. I enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
ua-10399482-1