August 9, 2010

Over the weekend...wake up and smell the...

Roses are red, violets are blue...Well, violets are definitely blue but roses can come in many colors!





Welcome to the Los Angeles Flower District. In downtown  between 7th and 8th on Wall. 

This Saturday Claudia, her daughter Emily, Doreen and I all rolled on down to the Los Angeles Flower Market around 6am. After paying our 1$ entrance fee we were able to browse all the different wholesalers and literally smell the roses.  And hydrangeas, and peonies, and sunflowers and so on and on...



I loved the bright, bold colors...



Same color palate completely different flowers, pretty cool...

We were very much enthralled by the smells and colors of the different flowers. Well, not all of us...Emily was not too happy about the 5am wake up call... "Hey Emi go stand by your favorite flower and I'll take a picture!" "No, that's ok"...She then walked away. I did manage to get a picture but she lets her feeling be known...



My favorite moment was when I walked through a giant display of orchids. From tiny ones measuring less than one foot to gigantic ones I wasn't allowed to touch...I love orchids...they are my favorite! Too bad I always end up killing them :(



So if you ever need to pick up a bunch of flowers consider the Flower District. They open from 2am to 6am for the retailers and vendors and from 6am to 12pm for the public on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.

A post about flowers? Yeah I know. Hey when you get sick all weekend and this was your only outing, you write about it and you like it! No, really. I did like it. I had fun. Be warned though...it does not smell as pretty on the outside of the building.

3 comments:

  1. It's smelled like pee pee outside. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Love the roses are red, violets are blue beginning...

    ReplyDelete

Hi, go ahead and leave a comment. I enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
ua-10399482-1