September 26, 2011

Guest Post: Yuzema

This months guest post comes from my cousin, Yuzema. I have fond memories of playing as kids with a tiny set of baby dolls with bunk beds. We argued over who got the top bunk. Years later we don't fight anymore and choose to be friends beyond being cousins. She now has one of the cutest most rambunctious baby girls ever, love them both!. This post made me chop onions and therefor made my eyes watery... Here's Yuzema:

I waited 9 months to see his face and to meet my soon to be nephew. On August 3rd, all of the sudden I get this message from my brother in law saying, "We are on the way to the hospital." I was busy at work and thought; he can't be born without me being present. His due date was the following week and there hasn’t been any signs yet of him trying to come out sooner. That day everything worked out perfectly for me, I went home as soon as I could, then took a shower and ran to the hospital (well not literally but I was a fast driver that day.) You won't believe it, I made it right on time to support my sister in that special moment (I should say moral support because in this case she was the only one working hard.) In less than thirty minutes from the time I got to the hospital, there he was, my little Nathaniel trying to touch his Mommy's face. It was such a great experience to be there for my sister that day. She has always been there for me, so it was the least I could do for her.
My sister Lorena is more than just a sister, she’s a friend, role model and she’s like a mother to me. Lorena is that type of sister everyone would like to have, someone you can fight with then all of a sudden you laugh at the dumb things you were just arguing about. She’s a friend you can hang out with and not get bored. Definitely, she is my role model and pushes me to be better and inspires me to be better, she is a fighter. I remember those days when she had to go to sleep at two or three in the morning because she was studying or doing homework. How can I not say she is like a mother when I remember those days i had high fever she would go get a wet cold towel and put it in my forehead. Or the times she would run home from work to cook because it was my turn to cook (I did not like cooking).She would cook so I didn't have to and then go to school. Oh how I love her she is not perfect but she is perfect sister to me. I'm blessed to have her in my life. Now she has her own family she is taking care of and she is doing a great job. There are so many so much to be happy and be thankful for...
One of the many people that I am thankful for is my little sister Linda. Linda is full of happiness and has a free spirit. She is athletic, likes to cook, buy shoes etc. Very few times i have seen her down, even though we have gone through obstacles in our lives, she has always finds something silly or funny to laugh about. She joined the Air Force four years ago, her term just ended in February of this year (yaayyy). During those years she was apart from us, I cannot imagine how she was able to do it, being away from us (her family). But I know that God gave her the strength, wisdom and knowledge to move forward. I have always been proud that Linda was able to experience something she always wanted even though that meant being away from her family and friends. I thank God for her life and from bringing her home safe. There are so many families that have lost their love one serving in the military. My cookie monster (that’s how I call her at times) is growing so fast, now she is engaged, and ready to get married. I pray blessings upon her life and may God give her the wisdom to conquer everything that her hear desire in Gods willing.


-Yuzema

0 lovely comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, go ahead and leave a comment. I enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
ua-10399482-1