November 1, 2010

Tiny Room Makeover: The Great Bed Frame Search Extravaganza!

To begin my little makeover, you member? No...awkward, well, how about you read this this: Tiny Room Makeover: The Plan Than come on back here... Or just keep reading...

I decided to first work on the big things like the furniture and move around from there. I already knew what dresser I wanted and from where.

Meet the Malm 6 Drawer Chest in Black Brown found in Ikea:

It looks more black than brown in this picture but I like it that way. I first tried looking all over Craigslist for this dresser but after about a month of searching...no luck. So I decided to move on and buy a brand spanking new one. For $159 its not too bad. Although in my head I like to price things based on what I believe they should be. In my head this should be more like $89.99 but whatever...

Then came the search for my new bed. I knew what I wanted and from where. Meet the West Elm Storage bed:

This bed is exactly what I was looking for. It met all of my criteria.
-Twin size
-At least 3 drawers for storage. Preferable with no handles.
-Black-Brown in color.
-No headboard.
-Priced under $200.....oy. Problem. Selling at $1,199.00 (special $899, yeah still a problem) it soooo does not meet my final and most important criteria. So began my search for my bed.

My first Google search lead me to some beautiful beds like the West Elm but unfortunately none that fit my criteria. Some just came in the wrong color or were not available in a Twin Size...I spent about an hour searching when I came upon this PrePac Espresso Twin Platform Storage Bed:


Not as modern and pretty as the West Elm bed but it was close. I found it on Ebay for $199.99 plus $60 for shipping and handling. I did not jump out of my seat or anything but I was excited I was getting close. My continuing search lead me to Wal-Mart's website. While I'm not a fan of the store (except to load up on Christmas decorations!!! You better believe there will be a post about that!) I started to look around. I found some close matches and while they had me at the correct price I just did not like them...

South Shore Cosmos Twin Mates Bed - $149.94

I really, really dislike these handles but its very close...I dislike those handles very much.

South Shore - Cakao Twin-Size Mate's Bed - $139.99

This one was much sleeker looking but those handles...those are just some serious bruising waiting to happen. I thought I could just remove them but then I would have a hole. Also the review said it was actually black not brown. But even with all this it was the closest I had gotten.

Right when I was about to give up I came across this:


Mainstays Twin Storage Bed with Headboard - $159.99

Ignore the headboard for a moment...and the gray lines around the picture I failed to remove...This bed frame was just what i was looking for. The two drawers were split into 2 inside so I would be getting 4! Color, price, size!! AND NO HANDLES!!!!

Now about that pesky headboard...I decided I could live with it. I didn't want a headboard but looking at this one I figured I could place my alarm clock on it..A picture frame and my current readings...Sold!!

So after searching the Internet a few more days including eBay and Cragislist...I looked over my final selection made some measurements and headed on over to my local Walmart to make my purchase. Followed by a trip to Ikea to pick up my Drawer.

I headed home and Papa Bear and I began putting my furniture together. The dresser came together perfectly. The bed frame however...PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To be continued...


0 lovely comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, go ahead and leave a comment. I enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
ua-10399482-1