November 11, 2010

The Most Important Meal

If you were to ask me what my favorite type of food is. I would say breakfast food. Eggs, bacon, pancakes, omelettes, waffles, french toast, fruit, oatmeal, the possibilities are just endless. I have to have breakfast. It doesn't matter that its Noon, the first thing down to my tummy must fit in the breakfast category. Even if all I have is a yogurt and some juice. That's a breakfast. Not a very hearty one but still breakfast. I think I will dedicate a special post later in the future just to breakfast foods.

This weekend it was time for some BFF time. I suggested Breakfast Saturday morning. I was not expecting the "Be ready by 8:30" notice they gave me but that's what I get for not having babies. Wait...that was mean to myself. I enjoy my sleep in time and appreciate it. I totally admire the mommies that no longer get to do that. I will sleep in for you. Go ahead live vicariously through me!

Moving on...So around 9AM this past Saturday C, D and I all rolled on in to Jack n' Jill's in Santa Monica. I used to work across the street from this place and breakfast never tasted so good. Until I had that magic breakfast sandwich, you member? This one!(oh FYI ladies, the link is worth the click...I'm just saying. Keep rolling down you'll see what I mean)



But back to Jack n' Jill's. While their breakfast sandwiches never got the magic title, their everything else did. They have a great selection of dishes to choose from. Check out the breakfast menu! (please excuse my drool..from here on out...)

I have two personal faves, the Oatmeal and the Custom Omlete. I went with the Omlete. C had the Frittata and D had a breakfast sandwich. (drool)



Jack n' Jill's is a really tiny place a few tables on the ground floor and a few more on a second level right above the kitchen. But it's not some like a hole in the wall place. The portions are big. You walk in order and then take a seat. Your order comes out pretty quick and all the food tastes fresh and yummy (drool). They also have great lunches too! Definitely recommend. We also spotted Marcia Cross. You know, the red head from Desperate Housewives. She dashed in ordered and dashed out. Didn't even say thank you to the cashier when she said "I love your show". Mean Marcia Cross. 

It was a great meal and it's always a fun time with the best-est. When you can, take the time to sit and have breakfast with your family or with your friends or heck with yourself. It's a nice way to start your day. Plus it's the most important meal of the day. I know it's hard sometimes and we are just rushing in the morning to get out the door and start our day...for which we are already late...or is that just always me? But seriously have some breakfast people!



0 lovely comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, go ahead and leave a comment. I enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
ua-10399482-1