October 13, 2010

I'm Yours, Jason


That's right! I admit freely. I love Jason Mraz. I used to be a fan, but after attending his concert on Friday, I'm officially a FANATIC in love. "Jason will you be my baby Daddy?!?" Yes, I said that. Out loud. In public. Thank goodness only my friends heard me....And now all of you know....awkward.

It was quite the little journey getting to the Santa Barbara Bowl from Inglewood. It was a small road trip with Marissa and Tiffany. The plan was to meet at my house at noon so that we could be on our way have a nice drive without traffic. We also planned on spending the night down there so we wouldn't have to drive back so late. However, we ended up meeting at my house around 2 and actually leaving my house at about 3 PM! Yeah, I hadn't packed lol...

So we sat in traffic for about two and a half hours but we finally made it to hour hotel. It was your standard Best Western chain hotel. But it was really pretty since it looked like an old Spanish Mission. It was also not exactly in Santa Barbara but in Carpinteria. A smaller town near by.

Before we new it, it was time to head on over to the concert. Parking was full so we kept driving and about 6 blocks away we found a spot. The Santa Barbara Bowl is nestled in a residential area. A nice one too. So it was a pleasant walk. Glad I wore those flat boots though!

After we huffed and puffed our way up the hill we stuffed our faces with some cheesy pizza and soda...yum. Might explain why I huffed and puffed my way up that hill. While the stuffing continued the opening act played. I wish I had paid attention to who it was this time because I really really like Christina Perri. I didn't realize it was her until her final song, "Jar of Hearts."
And who do you think you are
Running 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart
You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul...
Sorry...this song just has some special meaning for me ;) Christina Perri - Jar of Hearts Official Video

Anywhoo...Back to JASON!!!! He was was just simply amazing! Such a beautiful voice. Better than the CD. The band was great, it was a lot more jazzier than I expected and I liked it! "Lucky" is one of my favorite song...that one also have a special meaning for me. Even cooler was the fact that Colbie Caillat showed up for the duet :)!!! Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat - Lucky (Video)

You go Jason! WooHoo!

About a third of the way into the concert...I thought I was going to go to jail that night.

No, not because I rushed the stage and tackle Jason....no no no. I would go to jail for assault and battery. Yeah, that's right assault and battery. You see there were these people sitting behind us, two guys and two girls, who would just not shut up!! Plus as the concert went on they kept going on beer runs and kept getting more and more drunk. WHO THE HELL GOES TO A CONCERT AND TALKS THE ENTIRE TIME!!!!!

Scenarios kept playing in my head...I could just turn around and punch girl in the face. She was quite chatty. I could stand on my seat and leap back and knock both of them with my elbows. I really, really actually started to visualize the fight and the hauling of to jail part. Marissa even said she "had my back" But, I decided it was not worth it. After a few dirty looks and some words were exchanged I just leaned forward and ignored them. We were not the only ones that were shushing them. By the end of the show they were so drunk things like "Your the F-ing man Jason!!" were being hollered. One of the guys you could tell was not as drunk and even apologized for his friends actions. He even offered to take this picture.

While all this was annoying it really did not ruin the show for me. It was too good of a show. He was just that great of a performer. We ended our night by getting some junk food at Carls Jr. and watching Say Yes To The Dress until like 2 in the morning. It was not as sad as that sounds.

The next day we headed down a main street in Carpinteria and enjoyed a varied, delicious breakfast at The Cajun Kitchen. Sooooo good. My mouth just watered thinking about it.....please forgive my drool. We had all kinds of things from you traditional french toast to your not so traditional smoked salmon...sorry more drool.


After breakfast we took a stroll down to the beach

where all sorts of laughs were had...
inappropriate photos were taken...




some serious posing took place...
followed by more & more laughs...

breathtaking views were enjoyed...
and miraculously I did not fall...
On our way home we stopped by the outlets. Hey, they were right there! Where I did not buy anything but a scarf. All in all one awesome trip!!!

2 comments:

  1. oh...memories to share for a lifetime! you know i had your back...all day everyday! and twice on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, go ahead and leave a comment. I enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
ua-10399482-1