January 7, 2011

Guest Post: Claudia

December's guest blogger... yeah I know it's January, there were some setbacks I had to deal with, you'll learn about them later this week. Anywho... like I was saying, December's guest blogger is my BFF Claudia. Or Awesome Claudia, well that's what I call her. Her post made my day, scratch that it made my month :) She definitely falls under the one-of-my-favorite-people-in-the-world category, so here's my Bosom Friend, Claudia:

Now & Then

  
I know Marisol for about 19 years now. We met in third grade at Eucalyptus Elementary in the 80’s, (that explains our outfits in the picture), but lost touch in High School and found each other again as adults.

The old saying "You don’t know what you have until its gone " is very true. When Marisol and I were kids I didn’t realize what good friend I had until I had lost her. I don’t like to make quantities of friends by calling my acquaintances, friends and allowing them into the secrets of my thoughts, instead I keep a selected few as quality friends, which is why I am very selective of who I call friend.
Marisol is what I call a super friend. She has been not only a good friend but also showed character and kindness to others, which is a quality I admire in her. She isn’t afraid to speak her mind or be independent and strong when the occasion calls for it. She is a born leader and doesn’t waver in her beliefs.

I on the other hand, according to the personality type indicator test, Myers-Briggs given to me and Manny, my Fiance, by our priest (for wedding purposes) showed I am an Introverted Intuitive individual with Extroverted Feelings. What’s that you ask? According to the Briggs, I am artistic and creative and live in a world hidden in meanings and possibilities. I put a lot of energy into identifying the best system for getting things done, but I constantly define and re-define my priorities. On the other hand I operate intuitive and spontaneous. I know things intuitively, without knowing why, and without detail knowledge of subject at hand, but am usually right.

One of my down falls in my personality is my determination, because it makes me focus on one thing and one thing only, the goal at hand. This makes me shut out everyone and everything else around me, family, friends, work, or school, what-ever is not my goal at the time. I guess its true that I re-define my priorities constantly. This is hard on my loved ones and me. I am very concerned about others feelings and hate hurting anyone in the process. I often find my self-reflecting on my actions to make sure that I have not hurt others. Most of the time I think I am not good enough and push my self even further to limits I thought I couldn’t reach before. This creates a paradox within my self because I can’t ever go back to ordinary or where I was before, because I know I could do better and refuse to go backwards. 
http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/java/scienceopticsu/powersof10/ (World within worlds)

I am a forward thinking individual and often think too forward and scare even my self. I have theories of ancient aliens, God is an alien, and worlds within worlds. I have others but those are my favorites. I am very emotional and cry when I am happy, sad, mad, sick, nostalgic, depressed, you name it I cry. I feel weird around too many people and feel socially uncoordinated unless I am drinking liquid courage.

In a way Marisol and I are similar in our personalities; we like to find the most efficient way to get things done. We like to plan out what we are going to do, but I am more emotional and get sidetracked by my emotions and act impulsively at times. We are both caring and loyal. We share similar family values, but I tend to be a little more liberal in some views willing to bend the line when I see fit. Even though we have some differences the major thing we have in common is our kindred spirits that are intertwined in a friendship that has withstood time.
In case you are wondering, no, this is not me and Claudia... this is Anne & Diane from Anne of Green Gables...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Claudia. I loved reading about you and thanks for the wonderful things you said about me!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, go ahead and leave a comment. I enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
ua-10399482-1