August 9, 2011

Over The Weekend: Mexico, Murder and Magic

This past weekend I was sick and tired. Of what? Nothing, I was literally sick and tired. The days before this weekend I had to travel back to back for work and on top of that I caught some weird flu-like thing. So my weekend started of  Friday night at home dying on the couch and watching Charmed on Netflix. Saturday morning though it was time to hit the road to Tijuana. I am sick and tired of doing that. Not literally, figuratively. But good new... The braces are coming off sometime in the next few months! My biggest fear was that I would be 30 and still wearing the braces my 25 year old self was told would take two years. 

While standing in line to cross the border back from Mexico, we had the most obnoxious, loud-mouthed and foul language-d person ever behind us. An we were privy to his lovely conversation about how he doesn't give a "f" about not having any money to his name he is going to get "f-up" tonight and how he got "laid" the night before and well all kinds of other information that I will not repeat. Do you know how awkward it is to just listen to someone rant on about stuff like that and a person that uses explicit language to describe everything and anyone and themselves. So sad...and annoying!

But the worst part about my little Mexican border crossing experience is that I got stuck and was not able to cross the border because I forgot my passport, I was panicked and and didn't know what was going to happen to me... well I could have gotten stuck and I could have panicked and not known what was going to happen to me because I did forget my passport but the border person just looked at my ID and said have a nice day and I was on my way home. Sorry for the dramatics but it sounded boring otherwise.

The plan was to be home by 3pm but thanks to traffic I actually got home like at 4:30 right on time to be late to a Murder Mystery Dinner in Downtown. Marissa and I had purchased a Groupon for this moths ago and it would not be a genuine outing with Marisol if we weren't running late. I threw some clothes on and we were on the freeway headed for Downtown. The closer we got to the address and once off the freeway we realized that we were not exactly in the social area of Downtown. It was in the fashion district area and the streets were abandoned. We didn't even know where to park. When we finally found the place it was just an Italian restaurant on a second floor of a building that was a real puzzle to figure out how to get up there. We finally go seated and were a little thrown at how odd it just all felt. The "actors" were in 20's style clothing and so were some of the people in attendance. Having just read the confirmation email a few hours earlier that day we missed the part where they encourage you to dress up. I love dressing up but I did not feel left out at all in this scenario.
This was our view.

The actors seemed scattered and not well rehearsed. The food was bland which was a disappointment because I thought well at least we will have a good meal if the show is lame. One of the actors had a really bad headset type of microphone and it hurt my ears to hear him speak. It was just not what we expected but we tried to make the most of it. When it came time to solve the murder, our table had it down. However, we thought, no way too easy there has to be a twist so we created a twist and were sure that we were right or at least somewhat right. Until of course the simple version that we had come up with at first was the actual solution. But at least I got to hang out with my super cool friends Marissa and Henry. Who's Henry, why he's the pimple on my forehead that Marissa named Henry. It was over in about two hours and we headed back home. I was able to take this cool photo of Marissa on the abandoned streets of LA right before my phone died.


On Sunday I went to see Harry Potter with Veronica. Why? Because we are geeks like that, not even her kids wanted to see it. We liked it, it made us laugh, cry and feel suspense. But what did we talk about during and afterwards? Not the cinematography or the special effect, nope, we talked about how we were both ready to go ape crazy on the ladies sitting behind us with the loudest popcorn bag ever! I had images of me in a King Kong state of mind ripping the bag into pieces while at the at the same time scaring the heck out of these people. Veronica had more graphic images of telling them to eat it of the floor, I like the way she thinks. I really wished I could whip up a "popcornus dissapearus" spell à la Hermione but whatever... I'm not magical. *Side note, for those that are real hardcore HP fans, I looked it up. The correct spell would have been "Evanesco" but come on you know you like like "popcornus dissapearus" much better.

♥always,
Marisol

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the braces removal- your teeth will feel SO slimy with them off!

    x
    Michelle
    www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I would've been totally freaked out too if I had that incident at the border!
    Luckily you survived to tell the tale.

    Lots of love from Sydney,

    x Kel

    seeing steel magnolias

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an interesting time! Fellow "Harry Potter" nerd here too! =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hi, go ahead and leave a comment. I enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
ua-10399482-1