September 18, 2010

I'm Going Going Back Back to Blogging Blogging...

I've been MIA for some time now for a few reasons. First, I actually needed to take a breather from the writing because I was starting to feel dry. Like I was writing to just write and not because I really wanted to express or share. After the "3 week experiment" it just seemed like the blog was lost . No focus or direction. What was the point? Also, there were some major changes in the Marisol Universe...Marisol World...Mari's World. Note to self: Come up with better saying.

One major change was...drum roll please...I got a new job! More about that in a complete post. So that means I was in some major transitions. I figured this would be a good time to break and then re-assess once I felt settled. I spent some time really trying to see if I wanted to do this. What would I write? Who would I share it with? So on. While those questions swirled la cabesa, I decided to spruce it up a bit here on Life As I (You)...Oh wait!! Yeah that's right I changed the name. The Sea & Sol is the new name.

Life As I (you) Know It! seemed too impersonal to me. So I did a little play on my name. If ya don't speak Spanish let me explain. My name is MARISOL...brake that up and you get MAR I SOL... Mar=Sea and Sol = Sun. So I kept the Sol and changed the Sea. Why? because through this blog you will Sea right to my Sol. (See right through my soul...for those scratching your heads and giving me the "you are crazy" look). I also changed from WordPress to Blogger as the host. Easier for me to manipulate.

While giving the blog a makeover I also looked for inspiration from blogs that I enjoy reading. There are a few that I look at. I guess what I love most about those blogs is they all share about their life while sharing what they know. All I know is my life and what I try to do! So that is what I will write about. With a sprinkle of inspiration from others and of course my friends.  Being the nerd that I am sometimes, I sat down and wrote an outline of the blog. No, seriously like the kind teachers made you do when you had to write a paper. I loved making those! I copied it down below so you can marvel at my genius...or laugh, whateves!
  1. Over the Weekend
    1. Monday or Tuesday
    2. Events, Parties, Trips, Holidays, or anything relevant to this category.
  2. Guest Post
    1. Once a month – Wednesdays?
    2.  A friend/family member, no specific topic but keep it with the tone of my blog
  3. Project
    1. As they happen
    2. DIY, Renovations, How To’s, Research an anything fitting the category.
  4. Life
    1. As it happens 1 or 2 times a week.
    2.  Personal stories, family stories
    3.  Style files, movie reviews, show recaps etc.
So that is what the blog will consist of and how often I hope to do so. The blog will probably change with time and some of the above will and will not work.  I also hope to hear from you my friends and family. After all, I do this for me as a creative outlet but what's the point if you don't have an audience to encourage you? I expect my readership to remain small and limited to friends and fam, this blog is dedicated to you. But feel free to share this blog if you want to.

Love ALWAYS,

Marisol

1 comment:

  1. love how u break it down here and explain it all and not get lost!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, go ahead and leave a comment. I enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
ua-10399482-1